Goal: To assist Dover Mayor Robin Christiansen, who signed on to the Mayors Challenge, involve community partners to help end homelessness among veterans by the end of 2015 in the Capital City.
Location: DelTech Terry Campus
Date: January 22nd, 2015
9:00 – 9:45 Welcome, Pledge of Allegiance and Opening Prayer
Master of Ceremonies: Bill Farley, Chair of the Dover Working Group to End Veteran Homelessness
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Opening Prayer
- Welcome and Objective: Dover Mayor Robin Christiansen
- Greetings from Partners: Representatives from Delaware State Housing Authority and Delaware Technical Community College
- Role of Working Group to End Veteran Homelessness in Dover: Bill Farley
9:45 – 11:00 The Face of Homelessness and Options for Housing Homeless Veterans
Moderator: Jay Hills, Homeless Program Supervisor, Veterans Administration
- Homelessness Across the Nation
- Local Veterans Tell Their Stories
- Veteran Administration Programs to Help House Veterans
- S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Housing Options
- Homeless Planning Council of Delaware Surveys: Community Planning and Engagement Director, Rachel Beatty
- Delaware State Resources for Housing Homeless Veterans: Delaware State Housing Authority Director of Policy and Planning, Marlena Gibson
11:00 – 11:15 Break
11:15 – 12:00 Helping Homeless Veterans on the Front Lines
- Dover Interfaith Mission
- Connections, Inc.
12:00 -1:15 Boxed Lunch- Engaging Community Partners to End Veteran Homelessness
Cynthia Haines, Senior Management Analyst, HUD Pittsburgh and Maura A. “Mo” Gillen,Deputy Executive Director, Chester, Montgomery, Delaware & Bucks Counties, Veterans Multi-Service Center, Inc. (VMAC)
1:15 – 2:15 Getting Results the Boot Camp Way
Segment Speaker: Executive Director of the Homeless Planning Council of Delaware, Phyllis Chamberlain
- What is a boot camp?
- How does it work?
- Do you want to be part of this?
- Who from your organization should participate?
2:15 – 2:45 Putting it all together-Next Steps
Segment Speaker: Bill Farley
2:45 -3:00 Closing Remarks and Adjourn
Master of Ceremonies: Bill Farley