DSHA NONSTATE JOB VACANCY
CUSTODIAL MAINTENANCE WORKER
ENTRY LEVEL SALARY: $11.80 hourly – REGULAR PART-TIME
OFFICE LOCATION: 1289 Walker Road, Liberty Court, Dover, DE
OPENING DATE: 04/13/16 CLOSING DATE: 4/27/2016
Custodial Maintenance Worker is a non-State position responsible for cleaning and maintaining interiors and furnishings in office and housing facilities according to sanitary standards. Also, performs building maintenance and repair work at an entry-level. Work includes performing preventative maintenance, grounds work, unit turnovers, routine repairs assistance in buildings and other maintenance, lawn and snow removal, and other related work as required. Work also includes ability to effectively interact with residents and identify and report problems to the supervisor.
Applicant must show on the application, education, training or experience demonstrating competence in the following areas:
- Knowledge of custodial and grounds-keeping procedures and safety practices.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction and communicate verbally.
- Ability to operate custodial, grounds keeping and general maintenance equipment.
- Ability to lift/transport up to 70 lbs: perform manual tasks; walk multiple flights of stairs.
Must have valid driver’s license and successfully complete a criminal background screening.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all custodial positions and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties. Since functions and responsibilities are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Cleans walls, floors, carpets and other interior building components by mopping,scrubbing, waxing, shampooing, or vacuuming.
- Dusts and polishes furniture and fixtures; washes windows and other glass top surfaces.
- Empties and cleans wastebaskets, garbage and recycling containers, etc. Transports trash and recycling to disposal area.
- Cleans, maintains, and disinfects bathrooms, kitchens, and kitchen appliances daily; replenishes soap and paper supplies; etc.
- Moves and arranges furniture; hangs drapes and window shades
- Operates a variety of custodial equipment such as wet/dry mops, vacuums, scrubbers, carpet shampooers, buffers, brooms, ladders, brushes, etc.
- Uses mixtures of water/chemical solutions.
- Sweeps sidewalks and patios; assists with ice & snow removal and grounds work as assigned.
- Polices grounds and walkways for safety concerns, litter, debris, etc.; removes trash & items as needed.
- Keeps up to date about and adheres to safety requirements and standards.
- Performs entry-level maintenance work and assists maintenance staff based on knowledge, skills, and ability.
- Performs related work and other duties as required and assigned.
These include pro-rated sick and vacation day accruals, up to 13 pro-rated holidays per year, liberal retirement benefits, dental, vision, short and long term disability, and life insurance plans as well as various supplemental benefit options.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested applicants must submit a current Delaware State Housing Authority application to Human Resources by the closing date of April 27, 2016.
Applications must be completed on our website http://www.destatehousing.com. (Click on About Us, Employment, Click Here to View All Current Openings, Select job, Scroll Down & Click “Apply Now”.) Contact: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE DELAWARE STATE HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES IN ALL PHASES OF THE APPLICATION AND EMPLOYMENT PROCESS. PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO CALL 739-4263 TO REQUEST AN AUXILIARY AID OR SERVICE.
DIRECT DEPOSIT OF PAY IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT. FAILURE TO AGREE TO PARTICIPATE IN DIRECT DEPOSIT WILL RESULT IN THE WITHDRAWAL OF OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT.