HOUSING MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER II
ENTRY LEVEL SALARY: $43,330 — FULL-TIME
OFFICE LOCATION: 820 N. French Street, Wilmington, DE
OPENING DATE: 6/22/16 CLOSING DATE: 7/6/16
This non-state position is located in Wilmington, DE and is responsible for the daily operations of a variety of housing loan or grant programs, evaluating their effectiveness and recommending new or modification of existing programs, policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. Programs assigned may include, but are not limited to: the Single Family Mortgage Revenue Bond program, Second Mortgage Assistance Loans, Delaware Housing Partnership, Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program, Neighborhood Revitalization Program, and Delaware Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing and administering the full spectrum of duties under assigned programs, including but not limited to working with borrowers/lenders/contractors to process applications, analyzing program effectiveness, developing improvements/solutions, preparing systems for reporting program activity, overseeing the servicing of loans, monitoring loan portfolio performance, monitoring contractor performance, etc. to ensure assigned programs are effectively and efficiently meeting the needs of DSHA’s customers.
Applicants must possess training, education or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
1. Experience, education and/or training in mortgage lending, loan underwriting practices and compliance.
2. Proficiency with MS Office, data management software, and preparing analytical and
3. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
4. Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision.
5. Demonstrated effective communication both orally and in writing.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties. Since specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
• Acquires and maintains pool insurance coverage on all Single Family mortgages.
Calculates pool insurance premiums for purchased loans. Arranges for payment of
premiums. Monitors reports from pool insurance provider. Resolves problems/discrepancies with provider.
• Prepares all necessary documents for post-closing processes, including the recording of
mortgagees, satisfactions, etc
• Monitors tenant income and hazard insurance under the Housing Rehabilitation Loan
Program by reviewing reports from owner-occupants and landlords to ensure program
compliance. Notifies owner/borrower of non-compliance and corrective action to be
implemented. Follows up to ensure implementation.
• Oversees and evaluates the performance and compliance of loan servicers and other
organizations providing services to DSHA and/or its customers. Recommends corrective
action if necessary.
• Oversees all aspects of property foreclosure and disposition, including but not limited to
coordinating inspections of DSHA owned properties to assess market value, property
condition and needed repairs. Obtains bid for repairs, arranges for payment of expenses
and sale of property. Negotiates costs with mortgage insurers and contractors.
• Uses Mortgage Loan Accounting Software to monitor/evaluate files status, the
effectiveness of programs/projects/lenders/services, recommend alternative financial
resources and determine compliance with applicable state and federal requirements.
• Develops and recommends new, or revisions to, existing programs, policies, procedures,
technological processes, guidelines, to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws, rules, regulations to meet the needs of targeted populations and monitors contracts for compliance.
• Prepares and monitors contracts with program participants, servicing agents, processing
agencies and local/community administering agencies for compliance. Works with
contracted agency to resolve problems.
• Attends public meetings, workshops and press events to promote/explain programs and
guidelines. Participates on committees, task forces and public group meetings by
analyzing issues/problems that affect the need for affordable housing/rehabilitation and
providing recommendations for solutions to problems.
• Communicates with lenders, attorneys, mortgage insurance companies, loan servicers,
realtors, contractors, appraisers, local/community administering agency personnel,
housing counselors, the public, DHP Board of Directors, etc., to resolve problems, oversee
and/or train personnel regarding programs, guidelines, procedures, underwriting, loan
closings, etc., negotiate participation with bankers in newly developed programs either as
an originator or investor, explain/promote programs, explain rules, regulations, policies
and procedures, ensure program compliance, etc.
• Prepares financial and programmatic narrative and special reports, correspondence and
• Internally audits files, including the preparation of such files, for the annual audit and
notifies appropriate supervisor(s) of noncompliance.
• Secures program related and/ or confidential documents per document retention policy.
• Maintains license and provide notary services, as specific duties require.
• Provides technical support (program and Mitas online) to lenders and other partners.
• Ensures adherence to program compliance such as monitoring and enforcing continued
hazard insurance and rent regulatory agreement compliance.
• Performs related work as required.
These include up to 15 days vacation and 15 days sick leave accrual, up to 13 paid holidays a year, liberal retirement benefits, health, dental, vision, short and long term disability, and life insurance plans as well as various supplemental benefit options.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applications may be completed on our website at
http://www.destatehousing.com (click on About Us, Employment, Click Here to View All Current Openings, Select job, Scroll Down & Click “Apply Now”) by the July 6, 2016 Department Contact: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE DELAWARE STATE HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES IN
ALL PHASES OF THE APPLICATION AND EMPLOYMENT PROCESS. PERSONS
WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO CALL 739-4263 TO REQUEST AN
AUXILIARY AID OR SERVICE.
DIRECT DEPOSIT OF PAY IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT. FAILURE TO
AGREE TO PARTICIPATE IN DIRECT DEPOSIT WILL RESULT IN THE
WITHDRAWAL OF OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT.