Need an ID Card?
We are often called and asked for an ID Card. Below is the process for getting an ID card from our various insurance companies.
Aetna (Healthcare ID Card)
– You can call customer service at 888-802-3862 or logon to aetna.com and register with your social security number and print a card.
Highmark (Healthcare ID Card)
– You can call customer service at 800-633-2563 or logon to highmarkbcbsde.com and register with your social security number and print a card.
Delta (Dental ID Card)
– Cards are provided when enrolled but they are not needed. Your Dentist office can logon to Delta for coverage verification. You can also logon to www.deltadentalins.com and print an ID card.
United Concordia (Dental ID Card)
– Cards are provided when enrolled but they are not needed. Your Dentist office can logon to United Concordia for coverage verification. You can also logon to www.ucci.com and print an ID card.
VSP (Vision ID Card)
– Cards are no longer provided. Your Doctor’s office will logon to VSP for coverage verification. You can also logon to vsp.com and print an ID card.
Recently, it has appeared that there may be some confusion regarding COBRA and we thought this might help clarify when and how COBRA is offered.
Groups with 20+ employees are mandated to offer COBRA to a terminating employee. This can be done by a COBRA administration firm or it can be done by the employer.
For Delaware groups with less than 20 employees, there is a mandate to offer Mini-Cobra to terminating employees for a maximum of 9 months. This is handled by the employer.
Once a terminated employee accepts COBRA/Mini-Cobra coverage, we must be advised to ‘reinstate’ their coverage. The terminated employee is billed for the premium (by the employer or the administrative firm), payment is collected by the administration firm or the employer and the insurance company will continue to bill the employer. If the administration firm collects the premium, they will forward the payment to the employer.
Sample cover letter and Mini-Cobra are available by clicking below.
Get Your Money’s Worth
1) Use RX mail-in for your maintenance prescriptions. Pay for 2 month’s supply and get enough for 3 months. Both Aetna and Highmark offer a RX mail-in program.
2) Preventative services are FREE, please use them for your Routine Adult Physical Exam, Well Child Exams and Immunizations, Routine Gynecological Exams, Routine Mammogram, Routine Prostate-Specific Antigen Test.
3) Visit an Urgent Care Center whenever a hospital emergency room is not necessary.
4) Request Generic drugs whenever possible.
We wanted to remind everyone that each employee that is enrolled in the group’s healthcare coverage is required to receive the plan’s SBC (Summary of Benefits Coverage).
If you have not provided this to your employees and need assistance doing so, please let us know and we will be happy to help you. Give us a call at 302-654-8823.
Our Benefits Include:
- Healthcare plans
- Term Life
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Benefits
- Workers Compensation
- LegalShield and Identity Theft coverage
- Human Resource Portal for Employers/Employees for all employee benefits
To learn more about our benefits call us at 302-654-8823.
This notice will also serve as your annual Privacy Notice that we are required to send each year by Federal regulation. The notice is available on our website at www.AllenInsurance.com or you may call our office 302-654-8823 to request one be mailed to you. Read Our Privacy Notice